Staff Assistant Job Description
Seasonal Part-Time. Thursdays 10:00am-2:00pm and Fridays 9:00am-4:30pm. Saturdays: event Saturdays as needed (approx. 3-4 days during the season).
Start Date: Training on Wednesday, May 30, 2018
End Date: Friday, Aug. 31 2018.
Pay Rate: $9.00/hr. No benefits.
The Washburn Area Chamber of Commerce is currently seeking an outgoing individual with a positive attitude to assist our Program Director and Office Manager at our chamber office in Washburn, WI. The Washburn Area Chamber of Commerce, Inc. is organized for the purpose of advancing the commercial, industrial, recreational, agricultural, tourism, educational and civic interests of this community and area.
Do you like to help people find answers? Do you relish the challenge of discovering the best ways our Washburn Area businesses can serve visitors and locals? Does connecting people to the many natural attractions of the Washburn Area bring you joy? Then we would love to hire you!
Core position duties:
- Program & Event Assistant. Reports to the Program Director.
- Assist in creating, planning, and execution of events.
- Collaborating with businesses/individuals/organizations to plan and execute events, help set-up and tear-down for Chamber events.
- Physical labor duties that were required during set-up and tear-down such as heavy lifting and carrying.
- Other duties as needed.
- Office Assistant. Reports to Office Manager.
- Data Entry.
- Create content and publish to social media.
- Create weekly “eBlast” email newsletter via iContact.
- General office support: answering phones, sending and responding to emails when appropriate, adding events to chamber calendars, maintaining communication with staff to ensure we are all on the same page.
- Vacuuming and cleaning the office space.
- Other duties as needed.
- Opening and closing the office on Fridays.
- Answering the phone, emails, and helping walk-ins.
- Cleaning the office.
- “eBlast” email newsletter creation.
- Become a knowledgeable resource in the office for visitors, co-workers, board of directors, and chamber members.
- Proficient with Microsoft Programs: Word, Excel, and Publisher.
- Ability to manage emails via WebMail.
- Ability to engage visitors politely and positively.
- Comfortable with answering the phone and retrieving voicemail.
- Proficient with Facebook Pages and Instagram.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Able to lift 50 pounds.
- Adaptability; willingness and ability to learn new skills, learn about our membership and about area resources/attractions.
- Good communication and problem-solving.
- Positive and helpful attitude.
- Ability to work independently and take direction well.
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
- Has own vehicle.
Application deadline: Wednesday, May 3, 2018.
Apply today by sending a brief resume with references to Nicole Then, Office Manager:
Mail to: Washburn Area Chamber of Commerce, PO Box 74, Washburn WI 54891
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Drop off at the chamber office: 126 W Bayfield St, Washburn. Office is in the “Boomtown Condos” building across the street from Harbor House Sweets, with the entrance facing S 2nd Ave W.