Washburn Area Chamber of Commerce
Position: Director, Washburn Area Chamber of Commerce
Supervisor: Board President (or Designated Officer); Washburn Chamber Board of Directors
To further the mission and success of the organization, this position requires a highly motivated destination marketing professional to be the voice of the Washburn Area Chamber. Under the direction of the Board of Directors, this position oversees the day to day operation of the Washburn Area Chamber of Commerce and staff. This position works in cooperation with the Office Manager and Events & Membership Coordinator under the direction of the Washburn
Chamber Board of Directors.
Hourly rate of $18/hour (22 hours/week)-$22/hour (18 hours/week), based on experience. This is a part-time position.
General Position Description:
- Serves as the voice of the organization.
- Attracts and oversees Washburn area tourism.
- Participates in state and regional tourism groups and events.
- Works to stay current on trends in the tourism industry.
- Serves as the marketing agent for the chamber and the Washburn area by creating and maintaining a marketing plan.
- Manages the branding and identity through consistent use of the branding style guide.
- Creates content for social media.
- Builds strong working relationships between businesses, organizations, city, and chamber.
- Supervises staff.
- Makes recommendations to the board regarding all departmental personnel actions.
- Reports to Board of Directors at the monthly Board meeting, providing support and leadership to the board that gives the directors the tools and information they need to make informed decisions about the organization.
- Ensure commitment to and compliance with all applicable laws and regulations across the organization.
- Contributes and implements the strategic plan of the Chamber.
- Responsible for long range planning.
- Oversee Quickbooks company file to assure accuracy, create company reports, and maintain healthy financials.
- Knowledge of management principles.
- Good interpersonal skills to supervise employees and communicate with board of directors.
- Familiarity with graphic design and branding.
- Proficient computer skills with Microsoft Suite and Google Docs.
- Experience with Quickbooks preferred.
- Ability to create content for social media that drive the goals of the marketing plan.
- Excellent organizational, administrative, and communications skills.
- Public speaking, presentation and excellent writing skills
- Passionate about the Chamber’s mission.
- Understanding of how an organization run by a board of directors operates.
- 2-4 years combined experience in a similar or related position, such as: marketing, advertising, management, hospitality, office administration, self-employment, and board of directors.
- College degree or equivalent training in a related field.
- Valid driver’s license.
Please send resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, November 21 with subject line: Director Position.
Download the Job Description PDF HERE