Business on Stage
- This quarterly event is sponsored by the Ashland/Bayfield County Inventors and Entrepreneurs Organization. Our mission is to help grow local businesses that are in all stages of development by linking resources and experts. A series of quarterly meetings, called “Business on Stage”, feature presentations from successful business people, as well as topics that feature related business resource contacts. For more information, contact BCEDC Executive Director Cole Rabska: email@example.com Also, visit: businessonstage.org
- Visions Northwest is one of 9 regional economic development organizations in Wisconsin. Visions Northwest represents 10 counties in Northwest Wisconsin, with a mission to address the development needs of regional projects and to support regional economic development in the region. For more information, contact BCEDC Executive Director Cole Rabska: firstname.lastname@example.org Also, visit: visionsnorthwest.org
- WIN-LS (the Wisconsin Innovation Network – Lake Superior Chapter) is a regional membership subsidiary chapter of the Wisconsin Technology Council (WTC). WIN-LS is a community based economic development organization dedicated to fostering innovation and entrepreneurship, and serves the northern counties of Douglas, Bayfield, Ashland, and Iron. For more information, contact BCEDC Executive Director Cole Rabska: email@example.com Also, visit: wisconsininnovationnetworkls.com
Recent Business Expansions in Bayfield County
Do you know that manufacturing is continuing to expand in Bayfield County? Two businesses recently expanded in the Iron River Incubator Building where White Winter Winery is located. Andco Windows, a 40 year window manufacturer featuring windows for new construction or remodeling, is now in production in a 15,000 square foot space in Iron River. Also, a new cutting edge micro manufacturer serving the dental field, Dental Metrics Laboratory has begun serving dentists in Northern Wisconsin and Northeastern Minnesota with state of the art digital equipment, producing crowns, bridges, etc. These are exciting new developments for job growth in the county. For support in how you can expand your business in the county, contact BCEDC Executive Director Cole Rabska: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 715-685-1210
Business Park Infrastructure planning in Bayfield County
Do you know there is a 5 person planning committee to consider future infrastructure needs to welcome businesses at the Bayfield County Business Park west of Ashland adjacent to US Hwy 2? Recent expansions in the business park with Superior Sauna & Steam, the Bayfield Regional Food Producers Cooperative and St. Izz’s, call for continued planning for future growth at the site by considering road and utility infrastructure to position the site for more business growth. Townships throughout the county that have business parks are also encouraged to assess how they can position themselves for the future as well. For further discussion on this, contact BCEDC Executive Director Cole Rabska: email@example.com or phone: 715-685-1210
BCEDC partnership with WITC
Did you know that one in 15 residents have taken a class through WITC and that 95% of employers surveyed said WITC is important to the overall success of their businesses? Maximize your potential with WITC’s workforce education and training resources. WITC offers professional development seminars and customized training to deliver skills that you and your business needs, and partners with the Bayfield County Economic Development Corporation to connect businesses to WITC. On campus or on-site at your location, WITC will work with you to increase your competitive edge. For more information, go to our website at www.witc.edu or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Every business has a great idea, but sometimes, not quite enough resources to implement it. Bayfield County has multiple resources for both your innovations and every day working capital needs. Multiple sources of funding area available. Here are some good sources to start with:
- City of Washburn Revolving Loan Fund: contact email@example.com
- Bayfield County Revolving Loan Fund: contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation: email@example.com
For further questions, contact the Bayfield County Economic Development Corporation via the new upgraded website, www.bayfieldcountyedc.com or by contacting the Executive Director, Cole Rabska at firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you need fiber! Bayfield County is the second largest county in the State of Wisconsin with over half of the land in public ownership. Sometimes this makes seeing the trees through the forest difficult. But high speed internet is available! Bayfield County is host to seven business parks with GIGABIT speed capabilities. This goes for many other areas of the county as well. If you need the low down on high speed internet but are wondering who to contact or what to consider, contact Cole Rabska, Executive Director, Bayfield County Economic Development Corporation at email@example.com for the latest and greatest on broadband accessibility.