The 17th Annual Superior Vistas Bike Tour (SVBT) will be held June 24, 2023 at Thompson’s West End Park, Washburn, WI and is brought to you by the Washburn Area Chamber of Commerce & North Coast Cycling Association.
Enjoy cruising gently rolling hills with views of Lake Superior and the surrounding countryside. Some routes will take you through parts of the Chequamegon-Nicolet National Forest. There are several loops to choose from, including a 13-mile, 19-mile, 34-mile, 52-mile, and 70-mile ride. There is also a 40-mile out and back ride, a century ride (100-mile) and 2 Fat Bike Routes. This is NOT a race!
SVBT is a fully supported ride with route maps, support vehicles, and food/beverage stops en-route. Some routes overlap so you can decide to shorten or lengthen your ride as you wish.
- The 19 & 34 mile loops include a rest stop at beautiful Long Lake.
- The 40-mile out-and-back includes 5 fully stocked rest stops.
- The 52, 70 and 100 mile loops overlap and have rest stops to satisfy all your energy and hydration needs. These routes take the rider on 20 miles of some of the smoothest, sweetest blacktop in Northern Wisconsin, through the Chequamegon Nicolet National Forest and the famed Moquah Barrens.
- There are 2 fat bike routes to choose from too. The Long Lake/Beaver Pond Route starts at the Long Lake parking lot, and the Mt. Valhalla Fire Tower/ Sunbowl route starts at the Mt. Valhalla Rec. Area parking lot. There is a $5 per vehicle fee for parking to be paid on site that is not included in your registration fee. The Long Lake route is about 12 miles long and is suitable for beginner to intermediate riders. The Valhalla route is almost 9 miles long and is suitable for intermediate to advanced riders. Fat Bikes only on these routes.
Electric Bike owners are welcome on all traditional routes, but not the fat bike routes.
This is a RIDE not a race. Fun & friends is our motto! Ride held rain or shine. No Refunds.
SVBT is an eco-friendly, family-oriented ride hosted by:
This is NOT a race.
Thank you to our sponsors –
South Shore Sponsor:
- North Coast Coffee
- Washburn Building Products
- Blue Water Realty
- Bay City Cycles
- Washburn Marina
- South Shore Brewery Tap House
Wheel & Spoke Sponsors:
- Holden Insurance
- Brownstone Rx
- Washburn Hardware & Sport
- Bremer Bank
- James Shafstall
- Thrivant – Superior Shores Team
- Washburn Lions Club